On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Hahn, Harvey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Same experience here.  I responded directly to Karen:
> "See http://catalog.sanfordberman.org/ -- it refers to licensing from
> the Univ of Illinois Archives.  When the data first became available a
> number of years ago, I obtained a copy, and I remember that you had to
> specify that you were obtaining the data for personal research purposes
> only and that the data could not be made publicly available (or
> something to that effect).  Things may have changed since then, but I
> don't know for sure."
>
> Until such a time (if ever) that the Berman catalog is publicly
> released, maybe a substitute "public" version (not perfect, but maybe
> close) could be reconstructed by harvesting library catalogs that
> incorporated Sandy's headings and xrefs.

Just for the record, the data behind catalog.sanfordberman.org is the
UIUC data. At the time Madeline corresponded with UIUC Archives and we
arrived at a general understanding that the application wouldn't do
any harm. However, I think Madeline has some ideas on how the
presentation of the authority data (which is modeled) could be
improved.

//Ed