In regard to Harvey's concerns about the license agreement for the
Berman catalog:

The catalog IS publicly available on the Sanford Berman website and
has been for about 3 years.   Ed began development of a Ruby application.
His work was very important and very appreciated....just not finished.

The license agreement states that you must use the databases for
scholarly, education and research purposes, not for commercial or
other purposes.    That's how I'm using the databases.    That's how
I imagine everyone would use them.

Ruby was one solution but I'm open to others.

The structure of Berman's work is so complex and beautiful,
the content so innovative and global that I would think anyone
with an OSS Opac...Koha etc. would welcome the honor
and the challenge of giving Berman's work a new environment
to live in.

So who among you will accept the challenge?

---Madeline Douglass