I'm not sure this addressing the criteria of the licensing.  How would
you stop "commercial" purposes?

Say I work for a UK-based vendor that starts with a "T" (as hard as
that may seem) and I devise a script (or, even more crazily, have root
access to the server to the server that the Berman catalog runs on...)
that pulls the data into publicly accessible Platform store.  You
know, for the common good.

Some random developer then uses that Platform store, builds an
interface on, because, you know, Berman data!  It's cool!  But they
have Google Ads in their interface.

Some (admittedly small) amount of money changes hands from Google to developer.

UIUC decides to sue since this against their licensing terms.

Who's liable?

Go!
-Ross.
p.s.  The answer here is for UIUC to license this under an open data
license -- NOT for a developer to "release and pray".