Security measures can be set in place to prevent
the scenario you describe.

Tagging systems (or pop culture cataloging) such as those
used by Amazon.com were consciously or unconsciously
inspired by Berman's work, but although they are dynamic
and current, they are simplisitic and undisciplined...we've
got a sort of highly personalized marginally literate chaos
where 5 people can all tag the same item differently
and the sixth person who may search for that item may not search for it
using any of the tags the previous 5 assigned.

Berman's system is dynamic and current but also
finely, structured and highly disciplined, he's
created a great cognitive map of interconnected
associations that bring order to chaos and clarifies
and defines issues evolving in the culture...
you could say a good search engine does that
but his brain worked and still works in a more
exquisitely sophisticated and powerful way than
any search engine I've used.

As to someone using his work for profit...get real
no one besides ourselves has a clue
to the value and usefulness of Berman's work,
and they don't care to find out...and they
certainly would not make the effort to
deconstruct it and turn it into a Twitter
version of a catalog, especially since
they can't profit from it.

There's no monetary gold to be harvested from
Berman's work...there's treasure of another
kind!