On Jun 25, 2008, at 11:21 AM, Nate Vack wrote:

>> $ ssh -T -L 3306:mysql.example.org:3306 [log in to unmask] &
>> $ mysql -h mysql.example.org
>
> Yeah -- this is (probably) the way you want to do it, though. You'll
> need to:
>
> * Set up SSH keys such that building the tunnel doesn't prompt for a
> password
> * Run the local end of the tunnel on a free port
> * Configure your local client to talk to the local end of the tunnel

I went to Plan B, namely, installing my Perl module on the remote host
where the MySQL database resides. Doing the tunneling thing was too
much like using my right hand to reach around my head to scratch my
left ear. Cumbersome. Now I have YAUAPTR (Yet Another Username And
Password To Remember). /me sighs too

--
ELM
HDAaIAD