Not sure if I'm understanding Eric's original scenario correctly but...This
setup of needing to support SSH tunneling through to an Oracle database is
exactly what we have setup in my library using SecureCRT (
http://www.vandyke.com/products/securecrt/).  I think this software is quite
useful and supports keys and all the rest ( Set up SSH keys such that
building the tunnel doesn't prompt for a password, * Run the local end of
the tunnel on a free port, * Configure your local client to talk to the
local end of the tunnel).  This is an essential piece of our infrastructure
and we have SecureCRT set up on servers as well as individual PCs to ensure
secure transmission of information to sources outside our firewall.

Steve