Ok. What's allowable/possible vs. what is actually defined as part of
variable MARC data fields in say MARC21.  I'm amused by the
hairsplitting. The bottom line is these particular fields are ALEPH
specific and are not part of MARC21.  I agree with others that
accounting for these in whatever parsing program you use should not be
a big deal.

Steve