I believe last year there was also a separate conference organizing
list, where those who wanted to participate in decision making about the
conference could sign on and discuss it?

Me,I'm perfectly happy to leave things like preconferences to those who
are interested in thinking about it.

But I recall that opinion of mine was controversial too, and someone
(jaf? :) ) thought that everyoen attending the conf shoudl be
participating on the conf organizing list. Either way, not everyone on
the code4lib list will even be attending the conf, of course.

Jonathan

Jonathan Rochkind
Digital Services Software Engineer
The Sheridan Libraries