On Jun 5, 2008, at 6:16 PM, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:

> Does anyone know where, if anywhere, I find documentation on the
> ways to
> send references to RefWorks for importing?...

The documentation for our solution for sending (III) OPAC requests
right to RefWorks is at:

<https://wiki.brown.edu/confluence/display/library/josiah_refworks_integration

There's a link to the php code we use, and the file 'processor_a.php'
specifies how to form the url to RefWorks. It starts out:

http://www.refworks.com/express/ExpressImport.asp?

...and is then followed by a format and url parameter. We basically
tell RefWorks that the data at the url-parameter is in marc format,
and then have the url parameter actually hit a php page that
dynamically looks up the proper III 'coded-display' page.

Nice and simple and reliable -- that php part anyway.

---
Birkin James Diana
Programmer, Integrated Technology Services
Brown University Library