Greetings, this is my first post to this list, but I think it might be of
interest to some. Sorry for any cross-postings.

I have developed a WordPress plugin that inserts book covers and book data
from Open Library into posts and pages. It is an open source PHP product
that is available for download from the WordPress server:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/openbook-book-data/. The PHP could be
adapted to work outside WordPress. My support page is:
http://johnmiedema.ca/openbook-wordpress-plugin/.

The current version is 1.1.1 beta. It is the first release, and it is a beta
release. Note it does require PHP 5.2 for the JSON library. This was not the
default on my server; it was a simple switch on my control panel, but
perhaps it is not so straightforward on your server, or you may not want to
upgrade to avoid impacting older scripts. A check tests for the required
JSON library function when the plugin is activated.  It has only been tested
in WordPress 2.5.1. A couple people have indicated a successful
implementation. A couple others have had problems that appear related to
their theme and other plugins.

There has been quite a bit of activity at my site since I released it, and
several downloads of the plugin, but I have received less feedback than I
hoped. If you decide to give it a try, I would appreciate any feedback at
the site, or at my email address: [log in to unmask]

I also plan to present on this product at the One Big Library Unconference.
Maybe see you there.

Thanks,

John Miedema

http://johnmiedema.ca