The WorldCat API is not yet in general release. It is presently being beta
tested by invited developers, many of whom (if not all) are on this list.
Thus the confusion. Sorry, but stay tuned. A good way to do that is to sign
up on the WorldCat Developer's Network listserv. A link to the signup page
can be found on this page:

<http://worldcat.org/devnet/>

Thanks,
Roy