Dear Colleagues,

Yes, it's another e-mail asking if you'd take 10 minutes out of your busy day to click, click, click through a survey.  Why should you fill this one out?  If you've ever tried to coordinate a web-related project, perhaps you'll agree with us that **web project management techniques** in libraries are sorely needed - and needing to be studied. We'd be happy to send you our results; and, they will be included in a book on Web Project Management for Academic Libraries, coming in 2009 from Chandos Press.

If you do not manage any web projects at your library, we would appreciate it if you would pass this on to people at your library who do manage web-related projects.

Detailed info below; link to survey here:

http://jmu.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_3wywA9tvZNLOMIs&SVID=Prod

Survey will end Monday, June 30th.

thanks for considering this,

Jody Condit Fagan
Associate Professor
Content Interfaces Coordinator
James Madison University
Preferred email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Web-Project-Management-Academic-Libraries/dp/184334503X

Identification of Investigators & Purpose of Study

You are being asked to participate in a research study conducted by Jennifer Keach and Jody Fagan from James Madison University. The purpose of this study is to learn about the management of web projects within academic libraries. This study will contribute to the researchers’ work on a book about web project management within academic libraries.

Research Procedures

This study consists of an online survey that will be administered through Qualtrics. You will be asked to provide answers to a series of questions related to the management of web projects.

Time Required

Participation in this study will require approximately 10-15 minutes of your time.

Risks

The investigator does not perceive more than minimal risks from your involvement in this study.

Benefits

Potential benefits from participation in this study include providing guidance to other institutions examining their web project management practices. If you wish to receive our report from this survey, you can enter your e-mail address after filling out the survey. This e-mail address will be entered separately from the survey to ensure there is no association of your e-mail address with your survey response.

Confidentiality

While individual responses are anonymously obtained and recorded online through Qualtrics, data is kept in the strictest confidence.  No identifiable information will be collected from the participant and no identifiable responses will be presented in the final form of this study.  All data will be stored in a secure location only accessible to the researcher.  The researcher retains the right to use and publish non-identifiable data.  At the end of the study, all records will be shredded.  Final aggregate results will be made available to participants upon request.

Participation & Withdrawal

Your participation is entirely voluntary.  You are free to choose not to participate.  Should you choose to participate, you can withdraw at any time without consequences of any kind.  However, once your responses have been submitted and anonymously recorded you will not be able to withdraw from the study.

Questions about the Study

If you have questions or concerns during the time of your participation in this study, or after its completion or you would like to receive a copy of the final aggregate results of this study, please contact:
Jennifer Keach ([log in to unmask]) or Jody Fagan ([log in to unmask])
Libraries & Educational Technologies
James Madison University
(540) 568-8749  , (540) 568-4265

Questions about Your Rights as a Research Subject
Dr. David Cockley
Chair, Institutional Review Board
James Madison University
(540) 568-2834

Giving of Consent

I have been given the opportunity to ask questions about this study.  I have read this consent and I understand what is being requested of me as a participant in this study.  I certify that I am at least 18 years of age.  By clicking on the link to the survey in this email, and completing and submitting this anonymous survey, I am consenting to participate in this research.