Hello -

This is a belated announcement, prolonged by the Forum and then
subsequent travels, on the DLF Developer's Forum.

The Developer's Forum of the DLF Forum has long been one of the
most interesting and innovative components of the program; with
every turn at the helm, it has gotten stronger, deeper, and more
useful.

I want to acknowledge the work of John Kunze of the California
Digital Library, who led the Forum for three years, with Mackenzie
Smith (MIT) and Tim DiLauro (Johns Hopkins), among many others,
also chipping in.  John has done a superb job, and has turned Dev
into a cutting edge platform for discussing software engineering,
practice, and new developments.   As I transitioned into DLF, John
volunteered to steer the Dev group one more year, which gave me
a reassuring leg to stand on; I owe him many thanks for that.

Now, I am pleased to announce that Charles Blair of the Univ. of
Chicago has agreed to lead the Developers' Forum.  Charles has
already been engaged in some excellent discussions about how
the Dev group might be re-structured to advance our
expectations as developers for interaction, engagement, and
collaboration.  With each transition, we build onwards.

Thank you John, for your excellent insight and courage at moving
the Dev group forward into a stronger place.

And thank you, Charles, for taking the helm and inviting another
fresh look at where we shall be headed in the future.

pb

peter brantley -  executive director
digital library federation  | http://www.diglib.org
cell: +1-510-599-5159 | office: +1-510-643-8665