Min, Eric, and others working in this domain -

have you considered designing your software as a scalable web service
from the get-go, using such frameworks as Google App Engine? You may
be able to use Montepython for the CRF computations
(http://montepython.sourceforge.net/)

I know Min offers a WSDL wrapper around their software, but that's
simply a gateway to one single-machine installation, and it's not
intended as a production service at that.

 - Godmar