ContentDM is not that bad for what it is, having the web interface in
php is nice so I can customize it the way I want to, the down side is
that I have to customize every year or every other year when I
upgrade to the latest greatest version.  Collection admin interface
is pretty simple, but it is made up of some compiled code so you
can't customize the admin side or add any functionally to it.  It
also has a client app called the acquisition station which is pretty
simple to use even if you have a user population that is not that
comfortable with computers.  But as someone else has mention the cost
is pretty big and depending on many images you plan to add it can
cost can be really really big

I also have another project that I am working on at the moment and
for that I am using Greenstone.  For me the learning cure was pretty
big and doing customization was a big deal but I think that I am
getting the hang of it.  There client is not as friendly as the
ContentDM one, but if your dealing with a small computer friendly
population it will probably work just fine.    I found the Greenstone
listserv to have some helpful people on it, and there is a company I
started dealing with called DL Consulting that offers Greenstone
support.

Zachary Spalding
Systems Manager
Southeastern New York Library Resources Council
21 S. Elting Corners Rd.
Highland, NY 12528

Phone: 845-883-9065
Fax: 845-883-9483