"- Jonathan Rochkind, Johns Hopkins Univ." <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> But it doesn't look to me like a university and/or library can use
> Akismet for free; it looks like it might be $25/month ($300 a year),
> which is a bit steep.  But I'm not certain; anyone know if a university
> library can maybe in fact use it for free?

I'm not sure.  I couldn't use it for free on my commercial sites.
This is part of the reason why I'm glad antispam.typepad.com launched,
which is free for commercial use.  It claims to be 100% API compatible
with Akismet, so just switch the URL in the new() call and it should
start working.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)