Plenty of room to sync most library catalogues onto large Gb devices though - how about catalogue on SD card etc.
kc wrote:

>2) walk through the stacks with it. how reliable is the wifi connection?

In terms of 'library applications' I note there are a number of 'applications' on the app store that are individual e-books (from Project Gutenberg as far as I can see) wrapped in reader s/w and (in the UK) 0.50GBP a go. Also there is an 'ebook reader' which seems to drag in content from online (again PG, but perhaps other sources as well?)

Owen