Apologies for cross-posting, and for those too far away to be interested in a UK based event...

I recently floated the idea on my blog (http://www.meanboyfriend.com/overdue_ideas/) of organizing a kind of unconference/hackfest/barcamp thing around library technologies, and following the overwhelming response (ok, a few people, but all very keen) I'm going ahead with it.

It's early days yet - no venue, no date etc. - although it looks like I've already had an offer of some possible funding, and a couple of tips on venues - so capitalising on my own enthusiasm, and that of others, I'm determined this is going to happen.

I've setup a website at http://mashedlibrary.ning.com/ with some ideas from me of how the day might work, and asking for input from you (dear reader) to say how you think it might work, and anything else you want to contribute.

Owen

Owen Stephens
Assistant Director: eStrategy and Information Resources
Imperial College London