Yitzchak:

This is great news! I'd love to see you share the code with the
greater community. This may prove particularly useful for the
automated addition of non-Roman data into authority records for NACO
members (see [1]; see also [2]). As far as other algorithms go, you
could try getting in touch with Dave Reser at LC's CPSO. You may also
want to look at IITM's "Local Language Editor" [3].

[1] http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/nonlatinfaq.html
[2] http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/nonlatin.pdf
[3] http://acharya.iitm.ac.in/software/r2leditor.php

Mark A. Matienzo