Hello all,

I've been investigating possible solutions for the beginnings of a
repository of electronic documents [1]. At this point, we have no
budget, so I am only looking at Open Source options. I've identified a
number of options that may meet our needs that are either advertised as
institutional repository software or digital library software. Basically
what I am wonder is am I missing some OSS programs that in these
categories that might work for us. Software that I have identified so
far that looks promising are:

DSpace: http://www.dspace.org/
Fedora: http://www.fedora-commons.org/
E-prints: http://www.eprints.org/
Greenstone: www.*greenstone*.org/
Kete: http://kete.net.nz/
Rescarta: http://www.rescarta.org/

I have identified some others, but rejected them because they were
either experimental or appear not to be in current development. At this
point we haven't really narrowed down our focus, so almost any digital
library or institutional repository program would be under
consideration, providing it is 1) somewhat fully developed (again, no
budget), 2) somewhat easy to use and install, 3) has some level of user
base, and 4) is actively being maintained. Does anyone have any
suggestions for other software to investigate

Edward

[1] I'm not going to call this an institutional repository, because what
I am envision is more of a hybrid of a digital library and institutional
repository. I'd be less vague, but I only have a vague idea of what we want.