On Aug 21, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:

> If you can figure out what the difference between an 'institutional
> repository' and a 'digital library' is, let me know.

I think an institutional repository is a type of digital library.

In general, an institutional repository is characterized as content
written/created by members of the hosting organization. This is
contrasted with collections of digital content -- a digital library --
that might have a similar format, theme, or some other facet that is
not specifically identified with the institution.

But I must admit, the genre is not definitive.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University of Notre Dame