To throw in my 2c.

> Eric Lease Morgan wrote:
> > On Aug 21, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
> >> If you can figure out what the difference between an 'institutional
> >> repository' and a 'digital library' is, let me know.
> > I think an institutional repository is a type of digital library.

I think the set of "institutional repository" is a subset of the set of
"digital library".  The defining feature being that IRs are designed to
be updated relatively frequently, by more than one or two people, and
typically non technical members of an institution.  This happens via a
user UI, rather than via an admin UI.  The contents of the IR are
research output, whereas a DL can hold anything.

Rob