Just as an aside I'd look at how you want items deposited.  We use eprints
for our Master's Theses and they get cataloged.  If you want faculty at a
number of locations to submit work with just a few tags you might want to
look at dspace.  Another consideration is harvesting.  Both of these allow
OAI harvesting.  The other thing I would look at is what you plan to put
up.  We are starting to host some honors projects and I had to break it to
the Graduate Committee that only two dimensional objects would work so that
sculpture while nice ...

Edward Iglesias
Systems Librarian
Central Connecticut State University