Tim Spalding wrote:

> I really hope this—or more probably what comes of this—ends the
> selling of covers to libraries.

Probably not, with all the restrictions you attached.

Still, this is a most interesting experiment.  Commercial sellers
supposedly have a legal backing from contracts with publishers,
which you don't?  How long will that last?  If it does last, it is
indeed a big win.

In the blog entry, you wrote: "Publishers and authors want
libraries and bookstores to show their covers."  -- I'm not so
sure.  I think publishers want copyright to make it hard to use
out-of-print books, so people buy new books instead.  Back in
1932, Aldous Huxley wrote: "We don't want people to be attracted
by old things. We want them to like the new ones."

--
  Lars Aronsson ([log in to unmask])