It bears repeating that many library standards, notably MARC, are
essentially non-relational and non-normalized. Fully normalized
relational databases aren't an obvious idea if you're never been
exposed to them—and something like a religious revelation once you
have. Whether or not SQL is a useful skill for librarians and library
staff, the meme is worth spreading. Maybe we could put it in the
water.

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding