I have grown to really dislike the phrase "digital library."

In my last job most folks referred to "The DL" when they meant the
digital collection repository (NOT an IR, but a repo for digitized
library collections).  Some of us kept making the point that "digital
library" meant not just digitized physical collections, but databases
and ejournals and licensed digital images and GIS data and faculty
publications and born-digital scholarship and so on.  And even if we
used the phrase more inclusively, it seemed silly to semantically
segregate that content from the physical collections just because it was
digital.

There is no digital library — it's just the library.

Leslie

Leslie Johnston
Digital Media Project Coordinator
Office of Strategic Initiatives