This may be a bit too specific or complex for 1 day - but I will throw it out there and would be more than happy to lead the event.

This is an idea I kind of formalized today:

Develop an authority control mechanism into vufind (www.vufind.org) that would utilize the library of congress authority control data and automatically authorize bibliographic records in vufind.

Step 1:  Download and index LOC authority author records
Step 2:  Update all bib records in a vufind instance with authorized forms and alternate forms
Step 3:  Delete unused authority records in authority index
Step 4:  Create a script that processes this on a periodic basis (monthly or yearly).

Voila - free authority control for the library's catalog (assuming they opt to use vufind)

Andrew