Hmm, but wait, one more question:

"Use does not involve or promote a LibraryThing competitor."

Can you clarify that a bit for us?  Does that mean I can't have a link
on a page to a business you consider a competitor? (Does that include
Amazon?).  Can you be a bit more specific about what businesses you
consider competitors, and if this restricts any linking to them at all
in the same web page or software system that might use LT covers?

Also, looking more carefully at the description of the service, i see if
the cover isn't available you return a 1x1 GIF. While that's very useful
in some circumstances, it does complicate the process of having my
software figure out if a cover is available through LT or not.  If you
provided a simple way to do that, it would help my intended use an awful
lot. I think I'm not alone these days in having software that checks
multiple locations for covers, displaying the first one found.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rochkind
Digital Services Software Engineer