------ Forwarded Message

         Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 15:48:19 +0100
         From: Humanist Discussion Group <[log in to unmask]>
         Subject: D-Lib Magazine Requests Your Input

Greetings:

Because U.S. Government funding of D-Lib Magazine ended in 2006, we at
D-Lib Magazine have been looking for a new funding model to sustain the
magazine over the long term, while continuing to publish it via open
access -- that is, without charging readers subscription fees or authors
publication fees.

Late last year the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition
(SPARC) donated the time of a publishing consultant to advise us on
business models for D-Lib that, once established, could sustain the
magazine over the long term. One of the consultant's suggestions was
that D-Lib Magazine accept advertising as a means of raising money. To
seek potential advertisers, however, we need to provide prospective
clients with information that, up till now, we have not collected.
Therefore, we have designed a survey that we hope will help us to gather
that information. The survey is located at:
http://research.zarca.com/k/SsSXRVsSPsPsPsP.

Please take a few minutes to respond to this survey about D-Lib
Magazine. Your responses will assist us in understanding our readership,
improving content, and providing information to potential advertisers so
we can continue disseminating D-Lib Magazine as an open access publication.

Best wishes,

Bonnie Wilson
Editor
D-Lib Magazine