On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Chris Gray wrote:

> There are a number of services we offer that behave differently for
> off-campus users vs. on-campus users (based on IP address) and testing both
> behaviors is difficult while sitting on-campus.
>
> I'm looking for an easy, reliable, and secure way to do this.
>
> At the moment I'm doing a free 7-day trial of Anonymizer Anonymous Surfing
> software ($30/yr), but I want to make sure I'm not missing any good
> alternatives.
>
> Does anyone have any recomnendations or relevant experience?

I tunnel everything through a VPN to an offsite location, and test from
there.

In my case, it's my home connection, but when I worked for an ISP, we used
to have a trading system where we'd share accounts with other admins for
testing -- not sure in the current state of network paranoia how well it
would work.  (I know there's no way I'd be able to give anyone an account)

-Joe