I'd go with icalendar. It plays nicely with most major calendar applications.

also, at the risk of sounding like a shill, I'm helping develop a web
app (www.fusecal.com) that'll make it easier for web publishers to get
their calendar information into users personal calendars and keep the
information up to date as the calendar changes.

to see how it works, check out http://www.as220.org/calendar.html and
click on the green FuseCal button on the left. from there you can
subscribe to events on that webpage and sync the subscription with
your personal calendar app.