Peter Murray wrote:
> The version of EndNote I have (circa 2005) came with a couple dozen
> styles, and as of now Thomson Scientific has 3,500 up on their EndNote
> Styles website.
I had read the original claim as we export citations accepted at 3500
journals (most of which they might have been able to accomplish with the
couple dozen styles in question given the popularity of MLA, APA etc.).
How much of the 3500 claim is  copy/paste as distinct from fresh
intellectual effort?

Were they not claiming:
    a) we invented an internal data model that allows us to produce all
these (different?) outputs
    b) you reverse-engineered our data model
    c) people can now export their citations from our data model in our
proprietary software to your free software
    d) this is hurting our sales (or the tea leaves suggest it will)
    e) Stop. Send money ... lots.

Walter Lewis