From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Kevin S. Clarke
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 1:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Code4Lib Logo

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Thomas Dowling <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> How about trademark ownership and permissions for any logo?  I'd hate
> see any conflict or misunderstanding down the road about who can put
the
> logo on what, who can sell t-shirts with it, etc.

Good questions.  I might lean towards what Wally said though about
this getting a little too organized/corporate if we go that route.
I'd like a nice logo because... well... oooh shiny!  I'm not that
interested in it for branding purposes though.  I'd like the main body
of "code4lib" to remain as disorganized as humanly possible (though I
think it's fine for all the "code4lib" projects (the conference,
journal, planet, etc.) to organize themselves as much as they
like/need).

My 2 cents...

Kevin

--
There are two kinds of people in the world: those who believe there
are two kinds of people and those who know better.

Email Disclaimer: http://www.co.marin.ca.us/nav/misc/EmailDisclaimer.cfm