Agreed.  As part of our research project we have enhanced some of the vocabulary data in the service to provide mappings and links between vocabularies.  One issue we noticed with FAST was that many of the mapped terms were not being linked.  We tracked this back to the term being in NAF rather than in LCSH.  So to make the FAST data more usable we would have to include the entire LC authority file, both names and subjects.  It is something we are looking into at the moment...

Andy.