Hi,

One approach to the UI might be to use Cooliris (was piclens) and generate
a media rss file in call number order.  It's limited (to people who have
installed cooliris) but it's essentially a coverflow.   You can do other
things within the browser, but few are going to feel as immediate and
tranparent to the user.

Again, maybe not for all users, but maybe a cool enhanced version for a
subset.

Generating that media rss file may get tricky (you need uris to thumbs and
"fulls") depending on the API from, and agreements with syndetics.

-t