Hopefully, this quote from the article:

		A significant and highly touted feature of the new beta
version of Zotero, however, is its ability to convert - in direct
violation of the License Agreement - Thomson's 3,500 plus proprietary
.ens style files within the EndNote Software into free, open source,
easily distributable Zotero .csl files

isn't quite this straightforward.  While reverse engineering the .ens
style files really isn't that big of a deal (this kind of reverse
engineering is generally legally permitted), utilizing the collected
knowledge-base from an End-note application is.  I've run into this in
the past with other software that I've worked on -- there is a good deal
of legal tiptoeing that often needs to be done when you are building
software that will essentially bird dog another (proprietary)
application's knowledge-base.

--TR

Of

http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/09/17/Reuters_Says_George_Mason_Univ