As of  last update of the LOC authority files, 08-11-2008:

Name authority files total 7,161,713 records
Subject authority files total 339,144 records

http://www.loc.gov/cds/PDFdownloads/csb/index.html informs us American
citizens of
the quarterly updates for New Subjects, and Replacement Subjects. These
Subjects can all be then batch searched and retrieved in OCLC, but that is
convoluted, and doesnšt cover the Names, New or Replacements.

Do anyone know of a way of scraping the UPDATES (for both Names and
Subjects) for the LC authority files?
--
Yašaqov Ziso, eResources-Serials, Rowan University