Was wondering if anyone has rolled out Expression Engine http://expressionengine.com/ for public facing library web sites. I'm looking for Pros and Cons...hopefully more pros!

We are considering deploying it as the main vehicle for pushing out our public facing library web content, but am wondering how it would integrate with things like:

1.       PHP coded widgets embedded in a web page (like our library hours widget, library classes widget, or emergency notification widget).

2.       Reusing content like menus, banners, and the like.

3.       Would it allow for standalone applications to run in the same domain space (eg. Other OpenSource PHP/MySQL or Ruby on Rails apps), most importantly BlackLight and SOLR.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
David

David Moody            "email is for old people" - high school student 2006
Claude Moore Health Sciences Library Webmaster
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> , tel: 434-982-3648, mobile: 434-989-5481

UVa Health System
P.O. Box 800722
Charlottesville VA 22908