I strongly suggest moving the URL and then putting it in robots.txt.
You can keep it open and link to it as much as you want, but if
spammers can't search for boilerplate wiki phrases in Google, they'll
never find it. Of course, nobody else will be able to find it
either...

That worked for us for two years. Recently we opened it up because we
wanted people to find pages. So far no spam...

Tim

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding