I see your SVN and raise you one git.

http://git.or.cz/

Phil is right though, articulate version control is the only technical way
to keep diverse coders working on the same project.  Git takes a distributed
approach and changes certain philosophical underpinnings of how to manage
source.  You may have seen my LibLime coworker Galen present on git at the
last code4lib con.  You can catch the video for that here:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=code4lib+2008&so=1&sitesearch=#q=code4lib%202008%20Galen&emb=0&so=1

Personally, I haven't found any reason to go back to SVN.

--Joe Atzberger