Dear colleagues

For years, our library has been using a FileMaker catalog as classification tool: librarians could search for subjects to retrieve the call number attributed to this subject, add new subjects, etc.

But we are now moving to a more complex classification scheme (UDC) and would need a more powerful tool. Before we start tinkering our FileMaker file or (more likely) start working on our own web-based database solutions, I would like to know if such a tool has already been developed by another library. It would help us not reinvent the wheel... :-)

Thanks in advance!

T. Guignard

P.S. I've been following code4lib since its creation in 2007 but have not contributed so far... I'm glad to join the global discussion on software development for libraries.