Genny,

I would encourage you to release your plugin, though writing plugins
can be an addictive behavior ;-)

You might consider widgetizing the sidebar component of your plugin so
that nobody but you needs to muck around in PHP to make it work.
There's a good template for making the widget and the dashboard
controls for the widget in the WordPress source. Take a look at the
bottom of this file, starting around line 1440:

http://trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/2.6.3/wp-includes/widgets.php

And the easiest way to release your plugin is via the WordPress plugin
directory. You can register your plugin here:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/

--Casey

Information Architect
Plymouth State University