I've used analog, awstats, mint, analytics, and crazyegg in the past.
Nothing so far has been perfect, but in general, Analytics has been my
favorite for most applications.

* Setup is bog-simple
* It does pretty exactly what I want
* It's free
* Their privacy policy is sane.

The only real annoyance with it has been local development -- when
your machine tries to go out to the urchin but can't because you're
running on localhost, your browser looks a little funny. Also, there's
a little bit of overhead for each page hit.

Mint is a bit limited, but not too bad if you want simple stuff.
Analog is pure crap. Awstats is better, but nothing to write home
about.

Crazyegg is a neat one -- it generates really neat heat maps and
confetti maps of peoples' clicks on your web pages. If you want to see
how your pages actually perform with real users, the visuals it
generates are *well* worth the small amount of money it costs.

Cheers!
-Nate