On Nov 14, 2008, at 6:38 AM, John Fereira wrote:

> ...I've already got a session proposal submitted for Code4Lib...

My take on this is that while I'd like to have as wide a range of
presenters as possible, a higher priority is a wide range of
interesting presentations. Since many of us are working on multiple
interesting things, I'd encourage anyone to consider a second
presentation-proposal. There are lots of slots, the presentations are
relatively brief, and I don't see any risk of insularity because the
community as a whole chooses from among the proposals.

> This looks very cool and considering that I've already been using
> aDORe as a repository for storing a large (very large) number of
> scanned images (in JPEG2000 format)...

I had never heard of aDORe before Ryan's djatoka talk. If only there
were some event coming up where I could hear someone give a brief
presentation on it.

<http://library.brown.edu/code4libcon09/proposals/info/>

:)

---
Birkin James Diana
Programmer, Integrated Technology Services
Brown University Library