Coders:

Have you had any successful experiences with trees in JS frameworks?
I'm trying to find one for the site I'm building, in order to "entree"
the results of an API search; here's what I've found:

Treeview (standalone)
http://www.treeview.net/
old, no built-in support for asynch loading?

YUI TreeView
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/treeview/
don't remember exactly the problem, but there seemed some mismatch
between versions in the docs and downloads

Ext
http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/tree/reorder.html
the JS files are pretty hefty (smallest possible arrangement looked like
180k)

jQuery
http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Tree
appears abandoned
other than that, I found a couple of plugins, but nothing too
confidence-inspiring.

I'm tentatively working with Drupal, so perhaps there's a way to
repurpose the native menu tree code...  In any case, TIA for any input!

--
Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Librarian