I could be wrong, but this looks like a potential source, you would just
need to turn the downloadable list into a searchable file (grep may be
sufficient). But pay attention to the rights information, commercial use
requires an agreement with the producer. It at least appears to have a
number of metadata fields, including the UPC:

<http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/dvdlist.htm>

Roy