From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Roy Tennant
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Logo next step

Having brought up the question of a Code4Lib logo, and then forcing not
one,
but two, votes on you all I realize I have been remiss in not taking the
next step. If I didn't know any better, I would think that I've been
distracted recently by, uh, some sort of public relations disaster or
something. But anyway, I digress.

A month ago, at the end of the second vote[1] that determined we would
work
with Stephanie Brinley, I called for volunteers to work on an ad hoc
task
force to shepherd the process. As Leslie Johnston said at one point "The
key
to working with a professional is in identifying the design "program" <
what
the organization's "story" is, who its community is, and who you want to
get
your message to with the branding, as well as identifying what uses the
logo
will be used for < print, promotional items (t-shirts, hats, temporary
tatoos, whatever), online < which has on effect on the deliverables,
e.g.
file sizes and formats." David Cloutman also talked about developing a
"requirements document" that could be vetted on the list.

I suggest drafting something of no more than one page in length to
provide
such background and guidance. I and whomever wishes to join me will
draft
it, post it to the list for wider feedback, revise it based on that
feedback, and contact Stephanie. I will begin this now, so if you want
to be
involved please let me know. Thanks,
Roy

[1] http://dilettantes.code4lib.org/voting_booth/election/results/6