> Ideally, the usage guidelines would explain *why* this is the case in
> way that makes sense to the cataloger. I think different communities
> will do this differently, but I suspect that the library community
will
> continue to want very detailed, human-readable rules.

I agree

http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/repositories/digirep/index/Scholarly_Works_Appli
> cation_Profile
>
> See the link "note about DC-text format" near the top of that
document.
> f(http://dublincore.org/architecturewiki/DCText)
>
> I'm not convinced you could do the same with RDA because of the
> complexity of the instructions, but it would be interesting to try.

I'll have a look - this does seem to be the kind of thing I'm thinking
of.
I think that actually we might find that RDA looked much simpler (and it
could hardly look more complex) if we did manage to express it as a DSP
plus DC-Text representation plus usage guidelines. Clearly it would also
allow us to take advantage of the vocab lists you have already created
and integrate them back into the documentation

Owen