DLF:

Carol Mandel and I are pleased to announce that David Millman will join
NYU on December 15 as our new Director of Digital Library Technology
Services (DLTS).  David comes to us from a long career of leadership in
academic IT at Columbia, including information service/digital library
research and development.  He is currently Senior Director, Systems
Integration at Columbia IT.

In our recruitment for new leadership in DLTS, we recognized that
digital library services have become pervasive and wide reaching.
Therefore we restructured the position at the Director level.  The
position will report jointly to Dean Mandel and me.  David Millman
will also have a role in Information Technology Services (ITS is NYU's
central IT organization) in academic support, assisting with high
performance computing initiatives.

I am delighted that we have been able to attract a senior innovative
leader to our DLTS position and look forward to welcoming David Millman
next month.

David Ackerman, Executive Director
ITS .edu and DLT Services