On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Godmar Back <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> The metadata needs to be related to some element on the page, such as
> the text in a reference. The most natural way to do this (and COinS
> allows this) is to place the COinS next to (for instance) the
> reference to which it refers.

If you want to enable a browser plugin that injects links to a local
OpenURL resolver at the right place then I agree.

But if you want to simply make machine readable data available to an
application like Zotero then the relation of that chunk of metadata to
an element in the page isn't really important.

So I guess it depends on what you are trying to do (requirements in
management speak).

//Ed